Chocolate Chip Cookie Scones

• 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 2 tbsp. almond butter
  • 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Mega Chunks

Preheat oven to 375.

Combine almond flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium size bowl.

Whisk together egg and honey in a separate bowl.

Add egg mixture to dry mixture.

Add almond butter and continue to mix (mixture will be somewhat "crumbly")

Stir in chocolate chips.

Knead dough with hands until all ingredients are thoroughly spread throughout.

Form dough into a ball and place on a piece of parchment paper.

Flatten dough into one large circle, 1/2-1 inch thick.

Cut into 8 small triangles (like a pizza).

Place scones onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.

Bake for about 10 minutes.

Allow to cool for about 5 minutes on baking sheet, then completely on wire rack.

Enjoy!

• Preparation time: 5 minutes
  • Cook time: 10 minutes
  • Total time: 15 minutes

Comments

1. Lisa Foto says

Oh my goodness………….these look tasty. I made your lemon bars yesterday. They were a hit with the whole family!!! Now I will have to try these. I already ordered the mega chunk chips so they are ready and waiting. You make the best stuff and it is healthy so for that I give you a BIG thank you!!!!

2. says

Just wanted to say hi! I’m new to your blog (found you on Lean Green Bean yesterday). Sounds like an extremely memorable first day. I’m the same way when it comes to my favorite meals at restaurants. I always think I’ll order something new, but when the waiter/waitress comes by, I cave back to my old favorite.

3. Heidi says

Yes the lemon squares were yummy! I’m adding the mega chunk squares to my shopping list for these for my first day back to school (as a HS teacher) my hubs first day or grad school and my daughters first day of daycare! Need something special. This will do the trick!

4. sara @ fitcupcaker says

YUM!! I love scones, and paleo ones, oh yes! I love blueberry scones, one of my many weaknesses!

5. Claire says

You are hilarious. Even if you didn’t have awesome recipes on here, I would come here just to laugh. Thank you for being such a cool cat

6. Kelly says

I don’t have chocolate chips to make these yet, but I just made your cinnamon raisin protein bars on the hybrid athlete.. OMG so good!!! THANK YOU!

7. Kerrie says

Hi, Taylor,
    It’s dangerous for me to keep chocolate in the house (am working on losing weight) OR nut butter for that matter, lol, but I do have some coconut butter and some shredded unsweetened coconut. Not quite the same as chocolate chunk but I’m gonna give it a whirl! thanks!

8. Heidi says

Are you seriously kidding me? These took me 5 minutes to put together and they came out melt in your mouth ridiculously amazing. These will be so special for our back to school breakfast tomorrow. I will never eat another type of scone again. Thank you!

9. Danielle Halsey says

Made these for non paleo friends and the boyfriend. They loved them. And I adore them. So simple and easy to make! Thanks lady!

10. says

Hey!! Just a heads up that Northstar’s Sweet Potato fries AREN’T gluten free. Yep, learned that the hard way…and then I called to ask (never ye be the person to call AFTER contamination) and I was right. Rats. They were delicious, but not THAT delicious.

I work at OSU (in fact, I work in an office that got residual screamers about the parking issue – including a few parents calling on behalf of thier students – transferred to us by 292-OHIO) and my office thinks I “eat like a crazy person” I’m not sure if that’s in AMOUNT, or in types of food. Except they absolutely eat whatever I bring in to share. These are my next “crazy food” I’m bringing in to share. Thanks!

• says

Ahh bummer about Northstar! But too funny about your work. They all call us crazy until they actually try our food. Then they’re obviously just jealous :) Go Bucks!!

11. Lauren says

Made these last night! Love the simple recipe, although my scones don’t look exactly like the photo! Thanks for your great recipes :)

12. Gayla says

These are crazy good!!! They tasTe like chocolate chip oaTmeal, are filling and dint spkike my blood sugar!!

Trackbacks