Frosted Carrot Cake Donuts

• 1/4 cup grass-fed butter, softened
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups carrots, finely grated
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • For the frosting:
  • 1/2 cup grass-fed butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened (not melted)
  • 1/8 cup maple syrup
  • 4 tbsp coconut flour
  • pinch of vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 and grease donut pan with coconut oil.

For the donuts, combine almond flour, coconut flour, arrowroot flour, cinnamon, baking soda, all spice, and salt.

Add eggs, almond milk, maple syrup, butter, and vanilla to the dry mixture, stirring continuously until all ingredients are well combined.

Stir in carrots and raisins.

Divide batter evenly into donut pan.

Bake 12 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center.

While donuts are baking, make frosting by combining all frosting ingredients in a food processor until smooth and creamy.

When donuts are done, remove from oven, allow to cool, and dip top of each into the frosting mixture.

Enjoy!

• Preparation time: 10 minutes
  • Cook time: 12 minutes
  • Total time: 22 minutes

Comments

1. says

Wow! This is impressive. I need to make donuts some time soon. And now I have a healthy paleo version to work with! Thanks SO much for posting! I love your blog. I love cooking healthy/paleo/trim healthy mama, too, so this blog is a great motivation.

From your whole food-y!
    Janie Lynn

2. says

So, a few things…

1) Orange is the New Black is my jam. I, too, binge-watched both seasons over the course of a single week. It’s about a thousand kinds of amazing. Who’s your fave character? I’m on Team Pennsatucky (the actress who portrays that level of white trash has an incredible talent).

2) Just now reading about your Thyroid issues. So sorry you had to step away from Cross Fit. I went through a similar issue recently and when I gave up one thing, I took on another, less stressful thing – Pilates. Have you ever given it a try? Might be a good option that is far less direct impact on your body!

3) Don’t EVER apologize when it comes to donuts. Like, ever.

Xoxo,
    Carolyn (@GetItGirlBlog)

3. says

These look very good! :) I love donuts and carrot cake… put them together and it just makes sense! šŸ˜€
    Do you think I could try sunflower seed flour in place of almond flour?

4. says

I am guilty of liking all your OITNB posts …. I am also currently binge watching it. I started watching it last week and I have two episodes of season two left. Already scared for life after I finish it….. Morello is my fav!

5. Kyla Cody says

Oh my goodness. These sound so yummy. I really need to get me a donut pan so I can start making all of your amazing donut recipes!!

6. says

I do the same exact thing after I binge watch a really good show! I miss everyone and then I watch some youtube videos from the cast … glad to know I’m not the only one!
    I felt a little lame. So now I can feel lame with other people.

Also I haven’t gotten on the OITNB bandwagon yet, only because I know I won’t want to be productive and I’ll just watch the whole thing. Kind of hoping I get a cold or something so I have an excuse to lay in front of the tv all day. Yep.

7. Jeanice Chastain says

I just made these and wow! they are really good. I think I like them better without the frosting, the coconut oil frosting was just too much for me – but my husband loved it – so either way this recipe was a winner – thanks Taylor – turning into a huge fan of yours!!!